[RC] vet check questions - sherman

Two of my horses don’t like to eat their mash at vet checks. I think they just want to see what everyone else has and take their pick, smorgasbord style. If they eat well in the days before the ride (I pretty much free feed them with their hay) I wouldn’t worry about them not wanting a particular item during the ride as long as they eat something. Remember, they are using the energy they consumed on Thursday if you’re riding on Saturday, right? Small snacks along the way, a handful of oats, carrots, or apples occasionally can help give them the energy they need to keep the systems functioning including appetite.

Kathy

Laney, your response about your horse not eating his BP mash at the ride has me intrigued. Any theories as to why? Also, any other horses out there who do this? I will be bringing hay, BP mash, apples and carrots, but I would be very worried if he refused to eat his BP. Again, thanks in advance.
Jen M. and Banjo