Re: [RC] vet check questions - Truman Prevatt

As long as my horse comes in takes a big long drink or water, pulls his head up sighs and then takes another one he can eat anything he wants. He can eat the cardboard wrapper from the half case of beer the vets have stashed away (how else do you think they deal with us) if he wants ;-) . Hell he can eat dirt if he wants - as long as he drinks and eats something.

I sure don't eat the same way when I ride as when I'm watching the University of Florida win the NCAA Basketball Torney this year on TV. In fact I don't eat much at all on rides. Of course there was the year on the OD I sent my crew out for a Big Mac at the 55 mile check. I got it at the 70 mile check, cold as a cucumber but it was ohhhhhhhhh sooooooooo good. I don't regularly eat Big Macs - haven't had one since.

Angie once said that everyone should "fix up their check area with all the things they want their horse to eat, come in then do a left shift." Other horse's stuff is always better than their own. I think she is onto something.

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Why would you worry? So long as he wants to eat *something* I'd be happy.
I don't crave the same stuff when I'm playing a sport that I want when
I'm laying around the house. I really don't see the big thrill associated
with beet pulp. Personally, I'd rather mine drank well, then ate his hay,
mash, or whatever. Seems too much like lettuce to me. I sure can't do a
ride on lettuce.

Angie

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas