RE: [RC] euthanization - Burnett, Elly

Title: [RC] euthanization

Euthanasia defined means "good death."  If done properly, a well-placed shot to the head is considered by the AVMA as euthanasia.  Many are not aware, though, of the proper place to shoot a horse.

It sounds gruesome, I know.  But I can't say that a horse shot in the head suffers more than one injected with euthanasia solution.  The injection is more for the owners than for the horse.

Elly