Re: [RC] euthanization - Susan

If I lived in CA, I'd start NOW and get politicians behind me to change some laws.  My animals are buried on my farm and I'm thankful for that.  Not once has a vet charged me for putting any of my animals down nor have I been charged for use of a backhoe to bury my horses.  On top of that, the backhoe operators have been so respectful of my horses' bodies!  Yes, I've been fortunate that these people, whom I now call friends, haven't wanted to profit from death.  Not everyone is that way.

Susan <scswag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
However, I have been surprised with the cost to euthanize humanly horses in California. In my area it is against the law to bury animals on your own property. This gives an owner only a few choices; have the rendering facility pick them up or have them cremated. The closest crematorium is in the San Francisco Bay area and they cost of cremation and box for ashes is around $1,400. That does not include the cost of the euthanization nor the transporatation to the crematorium.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)