From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sharon Hahn
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 4:03 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Raffles breeding

My old mare is very heavily Raffles bred and looks just like him.  She was speedy when she was younger, but mainly she's just one tough cookie and puts up with anything.  Never been lame in the 12 years I've been her person except once or twice from something obvious like getting kicked in the chest (and that only lasted a couple of days and required no treatment). Went through colic surgery and lost 8 feet of her large colon and started distance riding the following year.  Been chugging along ever since.  Did her first 50 miler last fall at age 22.   She also has amazingly tough feet that stay shapely and just need gentle rasping periodically. Wish I could clone those feet. That's my one-rat study.

--