[RC] DWA Medina UPDATE - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

<Medina was sold at auction on 3/7/07 for 0.32 cents on the pound
to the kill buyer, and is bound for slaughter. CTR called her last
owner and breeder.  Her owner has never sold a horse at a sale
like this one, and was shocked to hear her beloved mare is bound
for a painful, agonizing death, possibly in a Mexico
slaughterhouse.

She has offered to help CTR buy the mare from
the dealer who purchased her.  The owner tried selling the mare
privately, and even tried donating the mare to another local rescue,
but was turned away.  The owner was moving and could not take
the mare along. The owner had Medina for a year (purchased for
$1000 last year) ,and has a few siblings of hers, that are top
winning endurance horses ( one bought for $7000).

Medina is 14.2 hands, dead broke, great endurance and trail
horse.  Sound as a dollar.  CTR is trying to buy Medina from
slaughter... but she needs an adoptive home ASAP.>

The above exerpt is from the Colorado Thoroughbred Rescue Organization
Here is a prime example of how MASS confusion can develop within Rescue leaving
the rest of us scratching our heads.

1.  The "owner" Tennessee Lane, was contacted by CTR and immediately offered to
pick up the mare.  She was told what the cost would be but was told that the
horse was NOT, in fact, in their possession.  Tennessee has been diligently
calling CTR to find out where DWA Medina is!  As of this moment she, still, has
not been advised.  However, every time she has called back for an update the
COST to recover the mare has gone up.  Therefore, anyone that is in the process
of trying to get this horse maybe should consider holding off to see what is
going to happen here.  I tried to call CTR and now get a recording that they
are working on the situation???

2.  Tennessee sold this mare to a cattle rancher who told her he would be using
her to herd cattle around his ranch.  Why?  Because DWA Medina's legs and feet
are crooked.  That she would NOT make a good endurance prospect.  Tennessee has
DWA Sabella and has been competing on her. So, she would be the best judge as
to what DWA Medina is capable of.  I do not know this woman.  What I can say,
on  her behalf, is that she took the MOST responsible path to get this horse,
that was not her breeding, a job!  That is the most important issue to me!

3.  Robert Bouttier, the breeder of DWA Medina, will take this horse back!
Next most important issue to me!  Why?  Because, as a breeder, the motto has
always been for me, "if you breed you must rescue!"  I have always made sure
that any horse I am responsible for the breeding of will have a place with me,
no matter when, no matter what age, and no matter what condition.  A little
lesson learned from Charles and Lorraine Lee of Delphi, CA.

Therefore, please be advised that a) the "owner" is has been working deligently
to recover this mare, b) the CTR site may not be forthright in the information
they have posted, and c) the breeder has accepted all responsibility.

One final note:  Dian Woodward, of Morab, Utah deserves to be commended for the
inordinate efforts she has made, today, to work behind the scenes to get all
interested parties together, in an orderly fashion, to bring about a quick
resolution in this, most unfortunate, situation.  Unfortunately, CTR is NOT
cooperating!

D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson

liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx