[RC] Fwd: traveling w/horse - Cindy Collins

OOPS...accidentally sent this to Angie instead of ridecamp :)
Subject: re:? traveling w/horse

Out west, and most places in the south and midwest, I have always used fairgrounds.? You don't even?usually have to call ahead, though it's a good practice.? Out west, you can just pull up to any fairground and put your horse in a stall.? There's usually a phone number posted for contact and a place to leave all of your contact information.? I bring hay nets and water buckets and a lock for the stall.? I put an information sheet with contact info. in a plastic sleeve attached to the stall door.? I've done this for 15+ years back and forth between CA and Wyoming and never had a problem.? The other great thing about a fairground is that you can put them in the rodeo arena and let them rip and run a bit :)? Oh, you can locate fairgrounds easily on the internet.

Cindy Collins

Cindy Collins