[RC] Horse conformation - Burnett, Elly

Title: Horse conformation

I've started looking (much to my husband's chagrin) and have found a few potential horses scattered about the state.

The one that seems the most promising so far has great conformation from just a conformation standpoint.  I did the classic measurements of head, neck, midsection and hip, and everything looks good so far.  He's got perfectly equivalent measurements all around, but I don't know if he should have a short back.  His shoulder is fairly long and sloping, and he's got good-sized black feet.  His legs are pretty skinny (not overly so), but I'm a lightweight so I don't see that being problematic.

What should I look for as far as conformation?  I know the back is important, as well as good feet.  But after that, I'm clueless.

I do know that a good mind is important, but I'd like some pointers for picking and choosing conformationally.

Thanks,
Elly