[RC] re: musings - Cindy Collins

Neat!? I woke up to see you guys actually having an interesting discussion on P/R and the things have really have improved.? Everyone brought up very interesting points.? Honestly, as I told Truman, sometimes I'm guilty of just loving to argue :)? I do agree with this list of improvements in principle:
In my mind the best things that ever happened to protect the horses during a ride were:
The pulse gate into hold at all checks.
The mandatory pulse recovery at the finish.
Sound at a trot at the finish.
DQ if horse needs treatment within an hour of finishing.
Still, it's interesting to try to figure out if it's "mattered" to horses' welfare overall.? No, I do not? think the AERC can change people's basic nature, that was factitious.? It is just interesting to see what these rules have changed and what they haven't and, as Truman would say, did they make any statistical difference.?

Cindy Collins