Re: [RC] [RC] Angie - worthwhile discussion involving sitting trot - Juli Jakub

I have to agree with Truman here...I am one of those eventers...I find posting trot effortless...I could post forever and I do not get any stress on knees and ankles at all...but honestly I find sitting trot pretty easy also...even big extended trots although I hestitate to want to sit a big trot for a long time it is much more energy efficient to post. Posting is so easy and energy efficient...IMHO the best way to travel! One problem I have found as an instructor is many people think that posting is standing up and down in the stirrups lots of knee and ankle...it is not posting is in the pelvis and core and people also think they have to post much bigger than they actually have to...even when my Morab is power trotting and she has one hell of a power trot my posting is not huge. Core muscles are key so you do not get thrown around when they are trotting huge. I often have students post bareback or without stirrups...you do not have to get out of the saddle with stirrups more than you get off the back when bareback posting...makes people realize how much more effort they are using than they need. I can post forever bareback too that is how little effort it takes stirrups or no stirrups.

Also dressage is a valid topic on all riding lists IMHO...it is the core of all other disciplines. Training in dressage allows you to move in harmony with your horse and gain good riding muscle as well as help your horse avoid injury by moving in the most efficient and balanced manner possible. Things I think we all aspire to...
Juli

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

With proper technique and the proper horse - posting is almost
effortless on the rider.

Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page www.live.com/?addtemplate=football&icid=T001MSN30A0701