[RC] AHA links to AERC and AHA to AERC - Michael Maul

I'm cross posting this question that came up on the AERC Members Only forum because it's of general interest.

If you have an AHA DataSource subscription, when looking at Accomplishments for an Arabian or Half Arabian, you will see much of the AERC information such as miles, BCs, and points all by season and total along with the ride information including LD rides.

On the AERC side - you will see a 2 generation pedigree in your horse's history.

The question was "How do I make that happen if it's not happening now?"

The second question was how to correct info in the horse/rider history if an AERC # was not used for the ride results.

Jen wrote:"*When this occurs, how does one get the AERC record
onto AHA? or add competitions to it?

*While checking AERC, I notice my horses listed under several
different misspellings, ID and no ID, etc. How can I get those
records brought up to date?"

Good questions.  I've posted about this before but it's a good
time to review.

How to link your horse with the AHA pedigree and AHA
Accomplishments to AERC

1.  When you first register your horse in the mileage program and
chose Arabian or Half Arabian and give a registration number, I
manually link the registry and AERC using this information.  You
don't have to do anything.  The information for the link appears
on a screen for me.

2.  If you didn't initially give the breed and registration number
- and do it later by calling/emailing the office or using your
member's page, you need to email me with the information that you
have done this and the horse's name.  I'll then manually create
the link.

3.  This is all you need to do for the AERC info to show up in the
AHA DataSource.  Rides/points/BCs, miles and so on will be updated
directly from the AERC online site.

What to do with listing in the horse history that are misspellings
and No ID (meaning no AERC #) listings from

http://www.doublejoy.com/erol/Individual/HorseHistory.asp

Don't enter more than one word in the search box for the name.
For misspellings - try just a portion of the single word and the
search will find all names with those letters in them.

1. Click on those links and copy the information (ride name, date,
placing etc) into an email to the AERC office  at aerc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Include the correct name of the horse and its AERC number.

3. Request that these records be combined with those of the horse
in the mileage program.

The same applies for riders who want to combine  misspellings and
No AERC # listings.

If you have a problem doing this - just email me for help.

Mike