Re: [RC] Decision re Gator Run - Truman Prevatt

I'm not Connie but I will throw my two cents in here. There have been no horses except racing, jumping, eventing, etc. or horses that came in contact with such horses that have been impacted. All are in South FL or have had contact with horses in South FL or the transport van that transported the infected horses to South FL. Goethe is not in South FL. While it is proper to be very careful with the health of your horse - we can all come to a screeching halt and do nothing with our horses if we over react. The good news is they seem to have caught this. It is been over a week since there was a new case in FL.

Connie is a good horse person. Otis Schmitt (the head vet) is top notch. Connie has done all she can do to make sure the horses are not at undo risk. Connie would have canceled if there was any indication that a horse would be at an elevated risk. She hasn't - that's good enough for me. Go to Gator and have fun!

Truman

Teresa Williams wrote:
After Connie'e e-mail, a very nice endorsement from David, and an extensive converstaion with my vet, I plan to attend Gator Run this weekend. Below is the response I sent to David:
/Thanks, David, for the reassurance. After consultation with my vet and an e-mail from Connie, we have determined that the risk to our horses is relatively low and that we will attend the ride. Good luck with your conditioning and hope to see you competing again soon./
Teresa Williams

http://mail.yahoo.com

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil