[RC] One last GPS question - Alissa Norman

Hi Ridecamp

I read the GPS emails a few weeks ago with interest, and I believe have convinced my husband to purchase one for me to try to keep me from getting lost while I am out on trail.

We're trying to decide between a Garmin Foretrex 201 (I don't need heart rate capabilities at this point) and a Forerunner 201 or 205.

I will be using this solely for trail riding.  I'd like to be able to see on the screen where I have been and where I am, so I can see which direction I need to head to get back home.

I can't tell from Garmin's website if the Forerunner allows you to do this.  Is there a screen that shows you a map of where you've been?

If you were me, what would you buy?

And is there significant enough difference between the Forerunner 201 and the 205 to justify buying a 205?  I've read a few reviews on line that are not complimentary of the changes made to improve the 201 to the new 205.

Thanks!
Alissa