[RC] RC:Coming back from the dead/ditto - L gin

Ditto: But I get to add the horse too. Only mine is more like 3 years.Including a (epm treated and recovered horse), lost trails,and a move to new property that includes refencing, some clearing and house and barn building,and we are our own unpaid construction crew.(and I admit some real discouraging moments)(I am sure you may also have a family and other responsibilities that may have a higher priority).Feet care and saddle issues.
But sometimes just a bit of encouragement or "how I did it" can remotivate you. ---- It got me at least moving towards the goal---- Getting an outside perspective....to help you....
Like lately I......(got some advice here) and......
I got my trailer hitch put on my new used truck so I can go out and ride/find the trails last week!.
I met the Pres. of a local saddle club, who rides the local trails-- I will try to ride with them at first (after I tune up my little Napolean--and get my muscles remembering......remember, ouch, oohhh, ouwie...)
I told him my horse had ridden alone 90% of the time and needed to go out with other horses. and find the trails around here...... Mentioned I wanted to do endurance, but just loved trailriding and exploring.---After talking awhile.... I asked " Does anyone trot sometimes on the rides?. He said they mostly walked , but sometimes a few would "move on out" in a few spots."We ride.... quarter horses" he explained with meaning.......
.(Hmmmm , I thought---well it would work in the beginning I started stratergizing, my mind taking off...I needed to get to know the trails and needed some slow work to leg him up and he needed to be around strange horses without turning into his jigging mode--- (he can jig 10 miles I found out a couple years ago at a clinic ;0)-----

He talked about the trails, I forgot the time...as he told me the trails systems close by (I KNEW they were around here!!) "....if you park up there on 27 (2m. from where I live) you can ride alllllll day....back to Hwy 100.....but is's an all day ride......."
All DAY??!! --"Really how many miles it it?"--- "Fourteen, he said, there and back w'ull take ya all day".
(all day? --actually it will make a good training ride down the road for 50's,, .....chugga chugga.... mind working.....) I left with a application so I could join, and get to use their parking at B college (which has trails about 20 minutes away).
That was an all day high---.
I also am getting a trainer to start horse #3 ...Also working on a better fittting saddle on my horse and footwear....
What is tough is passing up the good weather days , because we have to get shelter built and fences in, ( moaning:" I could be riding..") But I am going to start splitting the good days to ride/work with the horses part of the day and work on property the other part. After this week it will be easier. I am putting on the second coat of stain tomorrow on the 1st half of our barn (3 stalls),(2 shed rows in an L) AS they have no shelter now, just blankets and sheets for the cold rains.) Then we are going to fence in a couple acres quick that has established grass on the ground.(local hay shortage )
I get a "teachers " notebook at a school/office supply, and it has "week at a glance"- with boxes you can write in-I use this to plan and write in my training notes and goals---- or -I make a paper calender and hang it in the bathroom and initiall who I ride and how long, so I can see if I am on track. --I also used to do the AHA trailriding program. I had earned the 100 hours pin and I think the 150, which helped motivate me in the beginning, (till my horse got ill).I may do this again)
Physically to get ready (the above were all mental, emotional prep.). I do/did/ will do ;0)-- 3 things.
1.)I care for 4 horses and a donkey, I work on the property, cutting tree limbs, weed wacking, pulling down vines, dragging branches, etc. Barn building, refencing. ---Painting, planting , sorting , moving , unpacking...
And I almost forgot "Rock chucking" (I have the same rocks Angie has--- I'm 2 ridges over from her mountain). And I "rock-chuck" both left and right handed, so I don't get too one sided, same with weed pulling, digging, hoeing,and dragging limbs.;0)
2.) I ride in my arena (after I do groundwork--with bouts of "rock --chucking", they rise to the surface after a rain, just like mushrooms in my arena).
3.)If i didn't ride or work outside or do 2 rounds of Walmart, Sams Club, Home Depot or Lowes shopping-- or all of them if I have a comlicated list :0) -- I get on the treadmill and walk on an incline, as fast as I can walk while reading or watching tv.--At 51, with collapsed arches and Plantar faciitits sometimes, and 4 kids I dont run much. 30 minutes or so-- then attend to the daily chores, etc.-----I also use 2-4 lb weights that I can do all sorts of contortions with as I walk, once you find your balance point you usually don't wack the treadmill much --course I dont' read during the weight lifting part.;0) I try to be careful as I tend to "overuse type injuries' seems like my muscles are stronger than my joints.
You might try picking a goal of a certain ride and working backwards weekwise and putting it in your calender/planner---write down your goals and put it where you see it. I haven't picked my ride goal yet--a bit afraid to look at the ride calender as I Lost last year with our drug out closing and move.
I also plan the week by the weather.I have to have 12-24 hours for my arena to be nicely firmed up, so rainy days are treadmill or shopping days...And there is a track at the high school where aI take my son 3X a week for swim club.....

Type your favorite song.? Get a customized station.? Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001