[RC] Pasture Arrangements with Mares/Geldings - Jonni

Wow, indeed some rather interesting perspectives on herd management. I am more concerned with the welfare of geldings in a mixed herd, than mares. It seems that the mares normally will take charge and be the ones to pick on the geldings. But maybe I have just dealt with geldings who were....well wimps. LOL  Of all the geldings I've had, only 2 ever got amorous with a mare. One was the one who had a retained testicle, and the other got the hots for one mare we had for a short while, and SHE was the one backing into him, bumping him, flagging her tail, and convincing him he must be able to do "something".

Indeed, as Linda mentioned, Ginny was the one who did not know we had pre-ride vet checks at our events, but would LOVE to sell you "e-lessons" so you could learn to ride etc. over the internet.
Jonni