[RC] Trail and saddle question - Equus Wolf

Hi everyone,
I understand the importance of eating/drinking well on the trail.  What is the best way to encourage a horse to eat while on the trail?  My food monger is all business on the trail and doesn't even seem to think about eating.  I think if she realized it was "OK", she would.  So what would be the best way to go about this?  Also, what about drinking water, rather than splashing in it?  Shelby *loves* spraying me with water, which is nice when it will be hot, but I'd rather her drink it AND spraying me!

Another question:
Duett saddles:  has anyone used them (specifically the Rondo or Companion trail?) and how do you like them?  I'm interested in them as a whole for quality, but I'd also like some opinions/ideas on how they fit for wider horses (my APHA mare is borderline between an Extra Wide and XX Wide gullet size for Wintec.)  She has a broad spine and almost no withers, but she does have a well set shoulder.  I have never had a problem with the saddle moving front or back.

Thanks ahead of time for your time!
Jennifer
(and Shelby - what's all this fuss about saddles.. can't we just GO!)

Yahoo! Mail