Subject: [RC] Navicular Syndrome - Pvan19

Hi Kris,

my farrier husband has heard very good things from collegues about the PM (Michael Puhl) shoeing system ( pads + special silicone putty) , and is hoping to test this soon on a couple of horses with light navicular syndrome doing 50's and up - the product is made in Germany ( www.pmhuftechnik.de) and they give as their US distributor USA Valley Farrier Supply Co tel ( 503) 632-4366

Manufacturer claims test on 300 horses 90% showed immediate relief from navicular symptoms with no more lameness ... to be verified! Looks like a great product though.

with the right care & shoes there is no reason your horse shouldn't do well in endurance! You'll need to get the best farrier you can find - it looks like you've already got a good vet.

good luck

Pauline

ps keep us posted?
From: aggiekris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Navicular Syndrome

My 9 year old half-arab mare was just diagnosed with navicular syndrome,
and I was just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this before,
and has any advice. I love this mare, and was planning on moving up to 50s
on her next month, and the vet seems optimistic that she can still be
sound and do endurance, but I just don't know.

Kris