[RC] Trailer loading - Equus Wolf

Hi everyone!
I've gotten a kick out of the posts concerning the "perfect" horse, especially the trailer loading ones.
It is a huge joke at the stable where I board my horses.  When I bought Shelby and went to pick her up, I had been told that she loaded well, that they just lead her in.
They had a step up trailer and my friend's trailer is a ramp.  I wasn't sure how well she'd load, so I just casually walked her up to the back of it so she could at least take a look at it.  I walked up the ramp (thank goodness I had that emergency door WIDE open), thinking Shelby would just look inside, since I wasn't pulling her in behind me.  That mare came up the ramp and into the trailer behind me so fast, I had to BAIL out of the emergency door!  She wasn't running in - but she had decided she was going to load!  And I didn't want to risk her backing out because I was in the way *laugh*
Guess she knew she was being moved to heaven :)
Since then, we've trailered to several places to trail ride and train.  I just put the lead rope over her neck, lead her up to the trailer and tell her load up.  She goes right in!
Wow I love being spoiled!
Now if I could just get her to quit trying to turn towards me when it's time to mount *laugh*  But that is slowly getting better.  I think her previous owners probably tightened the inside rein as they mounted, because she always turns her head around towards me, which pushes her hind end away.
Ride safe and fun everyone! I can't believe it's over 70 degrees here in SC.  It's going to be a bath day tomorrow! Woohoo!

Jennifer in SC
Shelby (Ohh the trailer is hooked up... lemme in lemme in! Where are we going?? )
Sweetie Pie (Ohh the trailer is hooked up.. oh wait.. is it the step up or the ramp?  That ramp might just break and I'd hurt my teeny tiny legs!)
Bailey (can i come? can i come?  please don't leave me!  arf arf)

Yahoo! Mail