[RC] rules of the road?? - Dot Wiggins

Just went thru a 2003 copy of the Idaho State drivers manual, found the following info:

Open range:
Horses, cattle, sheep, goats and other livestock under controlled movement over a highway or road have the right of way in Idaho. When you meet or overtake any livestock herds, be careful and cooperate with the workers in charge.
Another paragraph states the Open Range rules saying livestock has the right of way almost every where out side city limits. In case you strike any livestock the owner is not liable for damages, but the driver may be liable.

In another section : Horseback riders; People riding horses are allowed to use most public roads. They also have the same rights as motor vehicle operators and must obey the same rules. (It does not say "keep to the right" but assume this is what is meant)
Next paragraph says; When approaching someone riding a horse, take care to avoid frighenting the animal--slow down and allow plenty of room when passing. Never sound your horn because you may frighten the horse and cause an accident. If you encounter a rider that is having difficulty controlling an animal, be sure to use extreme caution when going around them. Stop if necessary to prevent becoming a part of the hazard.

It's clear who ever wrote the manual was familar with livestock. (Bet this wording hasn't changed in many, many, years)
My experience tells me very few drivers read or obey the rules today.

Don't find any other references to horses in this manual. Idaho has pretty good rules, but they sure aren't in most drivers practices. I've been yelled at more than once that horses have no right to be on a road. (Try hard not to be, hate it)