Subject: Re: [RC] The Sheath Cleaning Song - Rassiga, MD, Anne

From: Ridecamp Digest [mailto:ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:24 AM
To: ridecamp-d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3551

 - Subject: RE: [RC]   [RC] names for horses

From: WRSINOSKY@xxxxxxx
 - Subject: [RC]   Cantering on a loose rein

From: "Debbie Kirchner" <dakota.charm@xxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC] hearing cougar on trail

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   Snacks/drinks at a No Frills ride in the Northeast?

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   The Sheath Cleaning Song

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   Worrying in advance... how do I deal with this??

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   names for horses

From: "Dawn Simas" <dawnsimas67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: [RC]   cougar sounds

From: Vchorsegal@xxxxxxx
 - Subject: [RC]   Worrying in Advance & Dogs

From: "Winter, Randy or Cheryl" <cherylrandy@xxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   road riding- crazy drivers/ crazy rider :)

From: "Sisu West Ranch" <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Sharon Levasseur <sharon1359@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Debbie Kirchner" <dakota.charm@xxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC] cougar sounds

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: Fw: [RC]   Worrying in advance... how do I deal with this??

From: "rides2far@xxxxxxxx" <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
 - Subject: [RC]   The Name

From: Rae Callaway <tallcarabians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "osberg" <osberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Amber B Fort" <knighthawkranch@xxxxxxxxxxx>

way they sometimes tell us what they want to be called.&nbsp; The stories
can be amazing.</P>
<P>Jerry, the stallion I ride, his secret name is 'Tyrone'.&nbsp; He was
dubbed that when he was sent for 30 days to rode in the woods and on cattle
after I got him green broke.&nbsp; My friend had a lanky young man riding
him and called me after about 3 days.&nbsp; He was so uncordinated (as a 3
year old) that everytime he went to canter with a rider, he would fall down
(too busy looking at everything).&nbsp; He skint his head up a bit, but
other than that was fine.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Then he was tied&nbsp;to the cow pens while they were working the
cattle.&nbsp; Jerry decided to untie himself and 'agravate' his neigbor (an
older HUGE gelding that was minding his own business).&nbsp; They (the guys)
were keeping an eye on him (he couldn't go anywhere).&nbsp; He grabbed the
geldings saddle blanket, the gelding gave him the 'quit' look.&nbsp; He kept
it up till the gelding had untied himself and decided to 'school' Jerry in
manners.&nbsp; He grabbed Jerry by the napp of the neck and shook him till
help arrived (for Jerry) to tie them back up.&nbsp; Jerry then decided he
could stand tied and mind his manners.&nbsp; They called him Tyrone after
that.</P>
<P>Now years later, while I was pregnant and unable to ride, I go out to
discover that Jerry has managed to break off a front tooth on the top.&nbsp;
No idea how he managed it.&nbsp; He wasn't turned out with anyone to get
kicked or anything.&nbsp; So now I guess he has the 'look' to go along with
his secret name, Tyron the boxer.<BR></P><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV><EM><FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, Serif"
color=#0033cc><STRONG><FONT size=2>Amber &amp; David Fort
</FONT><BR></STRONG><FONT size=4><A
href="http://www.knighthawkranch.com/";><STRONG>Knight Hawk Ranch
<BR></STRONG></A></FONT><FONT size=1>"<STRONG>Performance with out
parameters</STRONG>" <BR><FONT color=#000099>Home to the Black Arabian
stallions: <BR>Kaysa Jerry (72% CMK) <BR>Black Streak (Pure
Polish)</FONT></FONT></FONT></EM></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #a0c6e5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY:
tahoma,sans-serif">
<HR color=#a0c6e5 SIZE=1>
From: <I>Geana Jones &lt;rideforever1001@xxxxxxxxx&gt;</I><BR>To:
<I>ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</I><BR>Subject: <I>[RC] names for
horses</I><BR>Date: <I>Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:38:24 -0800
(PST)</I><BR>MIME-Version: <I>1.0</I><BR>Received: <I>from www.endurance.net
([207.141.24.164]) by bay0-mc11-f18.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft
SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:44:31 -0800</I><BR>Received:
<I>from web50811.mail.yahoo.com [206.190.39.106] by seahorse.fsr.com
(SMTPD32-8.00) id AFE31E60005E; Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:36:19
-0800</I><BR>Received: <I>(qmail 77916 invoked by uid 60001); 28 Feb 2006
14:38:24 -0000</I><BR>Received: <I>from [204.177.185.146] by
web50811.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:38:24 PST</I><BR><BR>
<DIV>I believe in so much in letting the horse tell or in most cases inform
you what his name should be.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></div></html>

From: WRSINOSKY@xxxxxxx

Ah, Bruce, I think I've ridden your horse, or at least one of his buddies,
at
WalMart. They are truly wondrous steeds. No time spent training, none of
that
stuff, but I understand they are a bit difficult to load in a trailer.
Something about their backlegs sticking out and the coinslot getting stuck
in the
door.

An yeah, I've owned horses that you could throw a lead over their necks and
they jumped right on. I've had horses I could ride with a halter and lead,
just
by leg pressure. But they have not been all my horses, by any stretch of the

imagination. Some are just a little bit harder to work with than others. At
least for me.

Doimas knows how to do just about anything. Trouble is, he has a very
stubborn streak that will sometimes come to the forefront and he just
decides, "No."
on a particular day. No reason, except he feels like it or doesn't,
whichever
is the case.

Sebastian has been to Parelli classes. I was told after the third class that

I really had my work cut out for me with this guy because of past abuse. The

easiest horse I've had the pleasure of training is my BLM mustang mare.
Could
it possibly be that I didn't have to deal with old behaviors firmly
ingrained
by a previous owner?

Yes, I'm a firm believer that you can get your horse to do almost anything,
given time and the proper training. Doimas goes in and out of a trailer like

it's second nature....most of the time. It's the other times I find
annoying.

Get off  the pony and let me take the reins for awhile, Bruce. I just love
that old WalMart guy!

Cindy