[RC] Cantering on a loose rein - WRSINOSKY

Ah, Bruce, I think I've ridden your horse, or at least one of his buddies, at WalMart. They are truly wondrous steeds. No time spent training, none of that stuff, but I understand they are a bit difficult to load in a trailer. Something about their backlegs sticking out and the coinslot getting stuck in the door.

An yeah, I've owned horses that you could throw a lead over their necks and they jumped right on. I've had horses I could ride with a halter and lead, just by leg pressure. But they have not been all my horses, by any stretch of the imagination. Some are just a little bit harder to work with than others. At least for me.

Doimas knows how to do just about anything. Trouble is, he has a very stubborn streak that will sometimes come to the forefront and he just decides, "No." on a particular day. No reason, except he feels like it or doesn't, whichever is the case.

Sebastian has been to Parelli classes. I was told after the third class that I really had my work cut out for me with this guy because of past abuse. The easiest horse I've had the pleasure of training is my BLM mustang mare. Could it possibly be that I didn't have to deal with old behaviors firmly ingrained by a previous owner?

Yes, I'm a firm believer that you can get your horse to do almost anything, given time and the proper training. Doimas goes in and out of a trailer like it's second nature....most of the time. It's the other times I find annoying.

Get off  the pony and let me take the reins for awhile, Bruce. I just love that old WalMart guy!

Cindy