[RC] names for horses - Geana Jones

I believe in so much in letting the horse tell or in most cases inform you what his name should be.

Way back when ... I was given my first horse when I was 11 and the horse was about 5 months old.  He came with the name Blazer I guess because he has a large blaze.
I could not remember his name.  Well he told me in no uncertion terms what his name forever in the future will be WRONGWAY.   The story behind this is that My parents were not Horse people. We always had mature horses of riding age or behond.  NOBODY and I mean nobody told me that baby horses have to be taught how to tie.  Well poor Blazer was my teacher.  I tied my new baby horse up to the hitching rail with enough rope so he could eat the grass at his feet.  The next thing I Know is that he is lying on his side with his legs all tied together (don't worry he was not one to struggle against restraint thank god).  This happen several times with me shorting the lead rope every time. Now I tie him up so he only can touch the ground.  Will that is when he was dubed Wrong Way, because he always went the Wrong Way and tied his legs up.  And believe me he has several times in his long life really lived up to his name.   This was my first Compitive Trail Horse and We rode at Wayne Gastfields White River Rides we won the year end award in "93" I believe.  He is a brown bay blanket appaloosa with a blaze and three white pasterns and looks like he might be of mule desent. Back when you are young your first horse is always beautful. Now Wrong Way is in retirement and doing his tricks for my daughter.

No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle.

-Winston Churchill

Lost Acres

Geana and Timothy Jones
Breeder of Competitive and Endurance Horses
AraAppaloosa, and Half-Arabians
Howard City, Michigan USA

Yahoo! Mail