Re: [RC] 100 mile rides--Why don't you? - Jessica Spoone-Raines

I will be doing 100's someday, my criteria for starting my first one is simple 1. My horse has to be capable and willing 2. I have to lose weight and get into better shape so I can make it through the ride without killing my horse and 3. I want a "mentor" for the first ride, somebody to stick by me, kick my butt when I'm tired and ready to give up, help me get my guy through it in the best and healthiest shape I can. As soon as I can meet those 3 requirements I'll be entered. On that note a list (perhaps on the aerc site?) of people willing to babysit riders through the various distances might be helpful. By babysit I mean stick with them even if they're riding dead last, encourage them, hold their hand if needed, just get them through it so they have the confidence needed to get through the next one on their own.
Jess Spoone-Raines

<< I think it would be more productive to list the factors that one must address in order to facilitate participation in a 100 miler. >>