[RC] Convention - KimFue

I just got back from the convention.  I thought a couple of the speakers were excellent and was especially happy that I got up early enough to see the presentation by Thomas Tobin DVM, PHD on drug testing and drug policy.  I got in late the night before and didn't get to bed until after 3:00am so making it to the first presentation took some effort.  But the highlight of my convention experience was the presentation by Bob and Julie Suhr on endurance riding's past and present.  I hope someone video taped this as it should be required "viewing" for every AERC member :)   Actually, every endurance rider should have the opportunity to see this as so  many of us came into the sport well after the sport was started and AERC established.  It's always good policy to remember the past as we make policy for the future.  Presentations, like this one, make sure we have historical documentation so that our beginnings are not forgotten or reduced to "endurance" myth or legend.

Thanks to all who worked hard to make this convention a success.  I had a great experience.
Kim Fuess