From: Equus Wolf <equuswolf@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:59:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [RC] Horses' Feet

<<<<<From: "Ginny Holsman" <ginny744@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   FW: [RC] Horses feet?
 For example, are they black and hard, white and soft, or brown and healthy

In my experience, a horse's hoof color isn't a determination of "hard", "soft" or "healthy".  I have a brown hooved horse who is hard to keep shoes on.  I have a horse with predominantly white feet who has the best feet I've seen, and even the farrier has commented on how her feet are.
Having worked full time at a boarding facility with 20+ horses, and having to help the farrier (and vet etc) with boarders horses regularly, I asked a lot of questions and paid attention.  To this day, I still ask a lot of questions and pay attention.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Jennifer

Yahoo! Mail