RE: [RC] Ride and Tie as an Olympic event - Kristen A Fisher

Cross country jumping has been around a long time and has a lot of proponents esp. as a phase of 3 day evening. They cut the CC course in Greece from 15 miles to 3 so they could afford to keep it in the Olympics. 15 miles was NOT manageable in the 2004 Olympics for a long established and supported equestrian sport - oh and I might add, there are 30+ jumps in the remaining 3 miles -- so there's a LOT going on in that distance.

What part of distance riding is only 3 miles and has that varied activity going on?????

I think R & T would be easier adaptable to the Olympics than endurance.  If the length were shortened to something manageable...say 15 miles...then perhaps...?