Re: [RC] Ride and Tie as an Olympic event - Susan

Gee...I know one fat walker that could run a horse into the ground.

Thus the rub...NOT harming the horse during an intense event.  Even eventing isn't an all-out "race".  There are these cool "little" jumps littering the course.  Still, event horses get exhausted (not to mention the ones hurt on course).

I think R & T would be easier adaptable to the Olympics than endurance.  If the length were shortened to something manageable...say 15 miles...then perhaps...?

Cross-country skiing is like watching the paint dry...right up till the very end.  The sport where they ski then shoot is only exciting when they shoot.  It's hard to compete against the "glamor" sports like Super G and track / field.

Maybe we could design an endurance sport that would be more spectator friendly?

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I would bet two Olympic level runners could run a horse into the ground.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)