[RC] Helmets, Kids, Old Farts, Liability, Howard, and loose dogs in camp - Tom Sites

Figured i'd save you all the hassle of deleting all these responses and get it over with one quick ejauculate of thought.

Helmets:  I didn't wear them for a long time, but when i got a solid hit upon my head by a young stallions head when the keeper on a martingale got caught, he bucked , i rode the first 3 bucks, til i came forward and our heads hit, mine in the temple.  His head was harder than mine, i was dizzy for 3 weeks til i went to go get a cat-scan and everything came out ok. Someone mentioned i cracked my sinus, i took a sinus pill and lost the dizziness, tho some may accuse me of it still.  I had a helmet on and glad i did.  I may have been the first RM in AERC to require helmets at the Ft Valley ride i was manager of and the previous year we had a State declared emergency when the horse went over the cliff.  The next time i had Board approval for this requirement.  Today i came down the road and there was this tractor trailer of wrecked cars....you could tell who had their seat belts on and whose head hit the glass.  Its a Free World here in America and its everyones decision.  Make your own 'Choice'.

Kids do not all mature at the same age and age should not be the only determining factor of entry.  Heck, i was a senior in high school at 16 and hated gym class because all the other boys had hair and big *****, while i still had a string to find mine.  Parenting is always an individual thing and again, i thinks its choice.  I have personal stories of my own kids to share, like when i went looking for 5 yo Michael and 4 you old Amy and found them asleep on the back of Jose (Jose Dante RC Stories a runaway) w/ Michael asleep leaning backwards and Amy asleep leaning forward and Jose eating hay in the paddock.  Michael did his first 100 at 16 on the US 100 Cavalry and again, i think its Choice and individual maturity, that we all don't have at the same time.

If we are talking Liability, consider this.  I have 4 herniated discs and degerenative disc disease which puts me at great risk for injury when i crumble.  Am i not a greater risk for injury and liability making this known, than a kid that for some reason has the capacity to tumble and roll?  Again, its Choice, and it can't all be written down and dictated as dogma.

Loose Dogs in Camp...i have been quilty, but not lately and find it inconsiderate that others allow their pets to invade my little space and either tear up my trash, slobber on my sleeves or intimidate my little dog friend.  I may get personal if my friend is attacked, who is on her leash.  Sorry, thats just the way i am.  To me its not a Choice, its courtesy.

Howard, come Home.  We're all nuts here and some just don't see it or know how to mask it.  I just talked w/ a shrink who told me of her nuttiness, and i asked her how she got away with it and tried to tell others how to be Normal" and her answer was..." I know the answers"...  I don't, and there's a lot more i don't know than i do know.  In fact, i don't really know if i'm sure about anything anymore, other  than,  I wish you All, Peace.

ts

Yer Friend, in nuttiness,