[RC] helmets -- for everything (cars?) - Dawn Simas

<<Why not require helmets for the lovely girls in the Olympic figureskating?
Taking a shower? Ballroom dancing?>>

...Driving our cars?  Certainly that's the most dangerous thing we all do and we *should* be wearing full body armour if we love our families, right?  (being facetious)  I know it's not PC to defend not wearing one while riding, but really I have to ask, just where does this "protection" theory end?

Dawn  -  Whose husband was killed instantly by hitting his head on the *roll bar* of our jeep when his body swung back because he had his *seat belt* on when he overcorrected on a soft shoulder going 25mph.  When it's your time, it's your time...
P.S.  I do own a helmet now, but somehow survived riding 40 years without one.