Re: [RC] helmets - Lysane Cree

/ Now, no, I really don't want to see the
/old cowboys out on the range in their helmets. It would be so out of
/place. Right now I can't picture a lot of equine sports (barrel racing,
/etc) with helmets. HOWEVER, that makes me even happier that my family
/enjoys endurance riding where we DON'T feel silly for wearing them.
I think it is slowly becoming more acceptable to wear helmets even in western events. Granted, its still not that popular among the riders, but I think the rules of certain organizations have changed so that you can wear a cowboy hat or a helmet and you are not penalized for choosing the helmet. Part of the problem I think is seeing helmets as an "English" thing and therefore "not Western".

Lysane