Re: [RC] Are you nasty? - Truman Prevatt

Before I tell you my profile - I want to comment on Jody's post. This is nothing her daughter Joni did not tell the whole ridecamp when Joni didn't ride the third day at the Yellow Hammer and Jody did. Boy did we learn a lot more ;-) .

I'm a classic INTP - the architect.

Comments regarding: " The Architects' distant goal is always to rearrange the environment somehow, to shape, to construct, to devise, whether it be buildings, institutions, enterprises, or theories. They look upon the world -- natural and civil -- as little more than raw material to be reshaped according to their design, as a formless stone for their hammer and chisel. Ayn Rand, master of the Rational <http://keirsey.com/personality/nt.html> character, describes this characteristic in the architect Howard Roark, her protagonist in The Fountainhead.

Many regard this attitude as arrogant, and Architects are likely, especially in their later years, after finding out that most others are faking an understanding of the laws of nature, to think of themselves as the prime movers who must pit themselves against nature and society in an endless struggle to define ends clearly and adopt whatever means that promise success. If this is arrogance, then at least it is not vanity, and without question it has driven the design engineers to take the lead in molding the structure of civilization."

Almost opposite of Joe but the two types work together well it seems. When I was in service to Her Majesty the Queen, in a small highly technical and high pressure office we all took the test and our scores were posted on our doors. Our office mates were selected based on the profile. I shared an office with an ENTJ - and we managed to convince the Queen at the time, George WH Bush as DCI, to ramrod our policy and technical approach to the problem through the system. A architect and a field marshall is a dangerous combination.

So folks now you know what you are dealing with. Make you feel better? As Joe says "it's in the genes, I can't help it."

Truman

Joe Long wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:07:38 -0800 (PST), Jody Rogers-Buttram