Re: [RC] Training Partners vs. Training Solo - Chrystal

Almost of my last three years  riding long distance has been training with other's ,either friends or my 11 yr old daughter- moving up to 50's last year I found that I didn't know anyone in my area who wants to ride  either as fast (fast short training rides) or as long ( we do one or two 30 km rides a week) as I do. Happily I discovered that I LOVE riding alone... my horse and I can pick our own pace- our own trails and work on our own stuff. I also find at rides that my mare goes faster and is more attentive to me when I ride alone and not with partner's.
I don't worry about riding alone but do carry water- carrots and food for me- a gps and extra batteries- an extra coat tied to the back of my saddle  and try to let my husband know where I am going- however the conservation area where I ride is HUGE hundreds of miles long and wide with little in the way of trail markings so he can't really find me once I go in there which is why I have the coat ,food etc.. in case we get lost or hurt. I have been toying with the idea of getting some bannamine ( in a needle) to take with me as well, any thoughts on that??