Re: [RC] Recipes - Tom Sites

Amy, i had forgotten about that stew.  What really stands out on the'Wild' menu was when we grilled a lot of game at Ft. Valley.  Sauteed horse testicles (gotta make sure they have not been shot w/ an injection) were a great hit one New Years Eve.  They were put on a platter w/ a garnish and toothpicks to pick them up.  People who in their entire life  would never eat them enjoyed them and it just goes to show if something is prepared right it can be tasty, regardless of our preconceived impressions.

Allison, you would have been welcome, as my favorite parable of Jesus is the Loaves and the Fishes and feeding the mutitude.  I was taught at home there is always room for one more.  Sat. nite i cooked some pork sandwiches breaded in eggs.  I used a dozen eggs doing it and we didn't have any for breakfast, but those chops were more like an egg and tenderloin sandwich.  I sent Barbara the recipe for the Shrimp Pasta and if you'd like i could send it to you if you send me your e-mail.

I'd also like to add that when camping or serving out in the wild i prepare the sauce and freeze it in zip lock baggies and when you get to camp all you have to do is heat the water for the pasta and heat up the sauce and mix it in.  Its easier that way and not so much prep work at the ride.  As we know NAEC's can be hectic and any time saving methodolgy is practical.  Heck, i may just post that Shrimp Pasta recipe to RC.  ts