Re: [RC] Having one's head examined - Karla Watson

We have a Paso Fino/Arab cross, probably also a "mistake" breeding. He was not bought as an endurance horse. He was bought as a trail horse for my daughter who *never* wanted to so this crazy sport. But that little horse had other plans. Out riding with us he was just cruising along with our fit 50 mile Arabs recovering as good as they did. He loved the pace and loved the long day. (We did work him up to it). So this horse and my daughter went and did a few rides last year (after we convinced her to try the sport) and he got BC on his first 2 rides and did well the rest of the year with no pulls! He got Vets Choice Award at one ride also. He has never been lame, never stocked up and never said he was done, not ever. Always ready for more. He is 14.0 hds, fine boned, stocky build, mistaken for a Morgan. Gaits very well and also has the big Arab trot. He is the alpha of my herd too! He really should not be good at this sport but darn if he just doesn't rock for my 14 yr old kid! Tough little horse in a small, compact body. I'm sure your little Paso/Arab "mistake" will do well to! Good luck to you both! Juli, let me know if you want to see photos of him.
---------Karla Watson/Oregon
Ok, I need to have my head examined.  I have decided to buy a 4 month old Paso Fino/Arab colt.  Just cause I like the mix, and I like the parents and the price is right.  I need a horse like I need another hole in my head, but here I am buying one.  He was an "oops"  when the neighbors Arab stallion got over the fence to a friends Paso mare.