From: Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@cruzio.com>
To: LaFollett, Megan <meganl@vetmed.wsu.edu>; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:20:04 -0800
Subject: Re: [RC] National Forest -semantics

I believe what we are trying to say is:  If the Forest Service would sell timber off its land, which would bring in substantial money, then it would not have to sell the land itself to raise funds.  Timber harvesting, done right, does not have to ruin the land, and in most cases is actually beneficial to the forests and its wildlife.  If harvesting off FS lands is done poorly, the FS is not doing a good job of management and inspection.

Barbara