RE: [RC] National Forest -semantics - LaFollett, Megan

Please try and make it clear if you are talking about the sale of TIMBER on National Forest Land or the sale of National Forest LAND…I’m getting confused (of course, I’ve also been studying 10+ hours a day for the last 6 days, so who knows if there’s any causation here… J.) IMO, those are totally different issues.

Megan

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rdcarrie@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 12:51 PM
To: johncrance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] National Forest

 My apologies...

The money from the sale of timber on Nat. Forest lands goes into the US Treasury.  Then it's up to the president, congress, and senate to decide how it's spent.  They've decided that billions are to be spent invading other countries, and now have decided to sell off Nat. Forest lands to get more money for (this time around) schools.  Wonder what the next "need" will be, and how many acres of National Forests they'll want to sell to meet that one?

Dawn