Re: [RC] working hairy horses/clipping - Lucky6mule

Jackie,    You are not alone.  I do trace clip & thus blanket all winter.  I do this because in past years when not clipping it would literally take hours of hanging out in the barn with a cooler on before my mules would dry out.  (If you think those arabs get furry.....)(Before anyone takes offense, that's meant to be funny.)  Through various years fo experiments, I like this method best---at least until I find something better.  Our horses/mules are all out 24/7.  I'v also noticed, when riding with my boarders (horses not clipped) my mules & horse not only dry faster, but are also keeping weight better on less feed.

Marirose & Mules in MI