Fw: [RC] Springtime survey - Kara Henry

I know it's almost spring when the frogs in the pond at my barn become so deafening you have to shout to have a conversation with the person riding next to you.  I realized last weekend we were shouting and saying "What?" a lot.  Pennsylvania has a groundhog.  My little corner of Oregon has frogs.  And they (quick vocally) say it's going to be an early spring.  Time to go out and really start putting miles on the ponies!

Kara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:29 PM
Subject: [RC] Springtime survey

I was thinking about things that represent the coming of spring to me here in Montana. Here?s a short list:

  • I hear the variegated thrush singing when I go out to feed
  • It?s lighter in the morning and evening when I feed
  • When I come back in from feeding, I?ve got the usual amount of hay on me and in my hair, but I?m starting to see more horse hair mixed in with it
  • I?ve got a line on my pants that?s at about mid-shin. It?s dirt and it just happens to line up perfectly with the mud/dirt-encrusted running boards on my truck.

What are your indicators that Spring is coming?

?S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
?Innovative effective products for the conscientious horse owner?
Voice ? 406.864.8000
Fax ? 559.272.6093
Mobile ? 406.370.6399
E-mail ? Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx