From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of WRSINOSKY@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:29 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Nutrition

So, I'm going to venture out and ask for a new topic.... Nutrition

What exactly are people feeding their distance horses? What supplements?

I realize MSM is not acceptable, but I do prefer to feed my distance horses a joint supplement for preventive maintenance. If MSM were an ingrediant, how much is acceptable in the bloodstream, or is it just safer to take the supplement away for a week prior to the ride.

Does anyone use antioxidants in their feed? What seems to be the preferred source? Vitamin E? Grape Seed Extract? Or both?

Doimas and Sebastian are both wired for sound, so I feed them a B-complex with Magnesium. Will this get me in trouble, if either are tested?

Just a few questions, but hopefully, enough to get ya'll started and feed (couldn't help it) me information.  I LOVE information!

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ