Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:00 PM
Subject: [RC] selling off national forest lands

This is on the front page of the Chattanooga, TN paper

South hard hit by White House proposal to sell off publicly owned national forest land
In a move that sets a dangerous precedent and reverses decades of policy, the Bush Administration has announced plans to sell off some 300,000 acres of national forest lands around the country - including 31,000 in our region.

http://www.southernenvironment.org/cases/usfs_lands/casepage.htm    so folks, it is getting closer to home all the time.  Some of these areas are places we ride.  Linda Norton