[RC] What do you want in a boarding facility - Pvan19

I live in France where it turns out people may want completely different things from the US and I have also never boarded and hopefully will never have to board my horses as they live with us, BUT hihi I can, given the fact I've had a loong discussion on boarding on the french endurance forum a while back, say that what people who board complain about most is

- lack of hay ( see Angies point) - there has to a LOTS of it and v good quality
- being sure horse eat exactly what you say, hard feed & complements etc( again, Angie said it already)
- lack of turn out, especially with other well behaved horses
- lack of good lighting in the stables for dark winter days
- lack of a nice comfy corner where you can sit, have a coffee and chat to other horse people, preferably overlooking the stables/arena
- and again as Angie said, locked tack boxes
- free choice of vet & farrier

people like to know what their horses do when they are not around - a set schedule, posted somewhere, is quite nice ( turn out times, with whom, feeding times etc etc)

good luck!!

Pauline