[RC] What do you want in a boarding facility - Nina Vasiliev

Hi,

I would like to know that someone with horse knowledge looks at my horses twice a day. The owner at the stable I once used, left the feeding to one of her boarders. But she walked around early morning and late at night to check on each horse.

If they are pasture kept, that there is a place that I can groom, etc, out of the elements. Somewhere to hang out with my horse even when the weather is poor, where the rest of the herd cannot get into my stuff.

A covered arena is really appreciated, especially during the rainy season. An outdoor arena can be too muddy to use even on a clear day. I was at one place where the arena was unusable for weeks.

I would like the owner to know what's going on without being involved in everyone's business. Just a steady back round presence, helpful when needed.

An owner on good terms with farriers and vets. I want to be able to call out whom I choose, and I would like them to be willing to come to me. A place where the vet/farrier can work out of the elements and out of the way...with good lighting.

Good quality hay! And plenty of it.

Being close to trails would be a really nice addition, and would draw me to move there over an equally good barn elsewhere.

Nina Vasiliev