[RC] [RC] LD ad nauseum - WRSINOSKY - KimFue

Cindy,
   What you write by replacing 50 with LD or 25 is absolutely correct.  BUT the difference is is that our by-laws do state that a 50 miles and above is a race.  It doesn't mean everyone uses 50s as a race BUT it is defined with placings and a winner.  The by laws as far as I know, do not make that distinction for the LD division.  Isn't that where all the debate is really coming from?  You have some riders that believe that LD should recognized as a race and some that believe it should be defined as not to recognize placing.  That doesn't mean that individual can't ride fast in an LD - anymore then it doesn't mean that 50s can't be used as training rides because they do recognize a winner.