[RC] LD/BC - WRSINOSKY

< How many riders here on RC would boycott a ride entirely, if? BC were not available, but all other factors about the ride remained the same?>

Well, Bruce, if I still got my time posted and my plastic bucket (or a pat on the back) for completing the LD, then I would still come to the ride.

I do think it's a disservice to the top ten riders of LD not to be eligible for BC, and wrong for those Ride Managers to ignore some rules they don't like while adhering to others. But, it would in no way keep me from attending the ride. There are too few within a reasonable distance of my home to get picky.

Of course, the only way I'd ever be eligible for a BC would be if there were only ten LD riders competing that day.

Just a thought here, but if all LD riders did decide to stay home, I'm thinking alot of rides would fall to the wayside for lack of participation.  Granted, there'd be more food at the awards dinner that night, but who would pay for it?

Can we please move on to a different topic now?  LD controversies do get rather old after the 70th or 100th time.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ