[RC] LD BC =Bull Crap - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Stacy msmots13@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the opinion from one who did NOT grow up doing endurance...I grew up
with horses but started endurance at the ripe age of 38.  Believe me, endurance
seems like learning a second language.  It would have been much easier to learn
as a child.
I started doing endurance 1 year, 1 horse, 7 saddles and 4 pads ago.
I also started Dressage lessons a year ago (to help myself and my horse move
down the trail easier.)  I am qualified to compete on Walmart Ponies with Bruce
at Level One.  (Level two and three takes more quarters...I am not ready for
that)
 If the FBI ever monitored my internet habits, they would find me obsessed
with a single focus.  Endurance.
 I have spent more time studying for endurance than I EVER did in college.
In my first year, I was, most definately, the LIMITING FACTOR in my partnership
with my horse.  Could a top endurance rider take my horse for a year and
routinely top 10 and BC?  Shucks, I would like to think my horse is capable of
anything.
 To me, BC at any level means YES!  My saddle fits!  Yes! My conditioning
methods are working. YES! I am nutritionally satisfying my horses needs. YES,
Walmart Pony ride level Dressage has paid off!
 I worried frantically over my horse during the rides, even if I was just
doing LD.  BC, as I said earlier, is the ultimate compliment to the rider and
horse.  Anyone can race a horse, but it takes horsemanship skill to complete in
the top 10 AND receive BC.

Whew, I will get off Bruce's Walmart Pony (similar to a soap box, but is more
fun to ride).

-Stacy