Fw: Re: [RC] BC at Desert Gold - Renie M burnett

I think what stuck out in your post was the statement that "far too many horses are asked to perform beyond their capabilities".  I ride a ride at the same speeds that I condition.  Actually, most rides are pretty easy compared to the terrain I condition on; Whiskeytown, Ca. is used and,  has been used by many successful Tevis riders and Tevis hopefuls.   I, for one, do not race anyone; I ride the way I condition, and I think I do a good job of conditioning.  BC awards are an "A" grade.  No one else failed, but I did pretty good on that day's testAs Heidi stated, in a race with 11 horses or 111, there are going to be 10 that come in before all the others.  Those are the ones that should be finely scrutinized.  I understand your statement that the top ten are being graded "on a curve", but the AERC BC has it's standards, and, if NO horses are found to be in good condition, then NO BC award has to be given.  I believe this is a GOOD thing!  renie