Sent: 2/9/2006 7:18:13 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] LD BC= BULL CRAP

Bravo, Matt!  (Words of wisdom from a man who started endurance as a child, sponsored by his grandmother.)  My feeling is that no one can be made to feel inferior without his/her permission.  Just because some thoughtless person says something derogatory about LD doesn't mean the LD rider has to accept it.  There should be something known as self-pride and self-confidence.  This whole thing is beginning to sound like the complainers are enjoying their martyrdom.  The goal of this sport, at whatever distance, is to enjoy the trail, be at one with your horse, and for heavens sake, stop fretting about awards.  Awards are transient, feelings of self-worth and self-confidence is forever.  The joy of discovery is forever.  Of course it's fun to receive a prize, but that should not be the goal of this sport.

Off my soapbox now...............

Barbara Mc