[RC] [RC] The Great Santa Fe Trail Horse Race - sherman

There was a time when heavy western saddles with horns & jeans were all that was available for conditioning riding as well as the 100 mile rides. So it can be done, but we might as well make it a bit more comfortable if we can, right? I rode in denim stretch leggings without problems for a long time, then did my first 50 and got sore in the first 10 miles, so switched to tights. I recently bought a pair of the denim stretch riding breeches, not quite as comfy as my tights, but no inside seam to chafe my legs. I haven’t tried them on a fifty, not sure if I ever will. However, IF Evelyn at www.justforhorsin-round.com can perfect a stretch denim tights/leggings pattern, I will try them. If you want some nice quality, made to order, very reasonably priced tights, contact Evelyn.

Kathy

Suzanne wrote:

I am so excited about this race but also need some expert advise on what to wear and how to prepare.