Re: [RC] Proud Flesh/wound treatment - Schereiner's Herbal - Tina Rushing

I love Shreiner's too!  My horse tolerates it well (the stinging due to alchohol base) but I take care not to have my face too close too a hoof when I apply it.  Schreiner's is clean (not sticky) and doesn't need bandaging.  I like to leave wounds open to the air unless the needs are special.

Tina Rushing
El Granada, CA

From: "Lisa Douglass" <lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Proud Flesh/wound treatment
I have a mare who used to develop proud flesh on any and all wounds.  Our vet recommended a natural product called Schreiner's Herbal Solution, and it works incredibly well on not only the proud flesh issue, but also for healing the wound.  I love this stuff!  I don't wrap the wound, but leave it open to the air for healing.  I've never wrapped a wound while using the
Schreiner's.  Not sure if this is recommended or not.

My only complaint about the Schreiner's is it is alcohol based, so it does sting upon application.

Lisa Douglass
Moss Rock Endurance
www.mossrockendurance.com
(719)439-2472