Re: [RC] Eventing vest info wanted - Sisu West Ranch

When I was trying to civilize Maverick, who bucked whenever he perceived a scary stimulus, I purchased a cheap one.  I still have it.  The problem with the cheap one is that the foam is in large pieces.  It is quite uncomfortable.  Sort of like wearing medieval amour.

I would recommend purchasing one with smaller pieces just for comfort.

The other obvious problem is they are hot.  So you have to decide if protection from broken ribs is worth it.

My eventual solution was to admit that I am not as macho as I once was and to sell the horse to my trainer.  To counter the horror stories of horses sold that end up in packing plants, I got an Xmas card this year showing him happily trail riding with the trainer's mother aboard.  He just needed more time and work than I could risk my body on.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875